Make a page for our advent calendar
Get creative this Christmas and take up The Great Liskeard Advent Calendar Challenge. With your help, we’re going to cover Liskeard in Christmas pictures this year.
What does Christmas in Liskeard look like to you? Happy memories of things past? Looking forward to a traditional celebration? Snow? Choirs and carols?
Here’s what you do. Think about the spirit of Christmas in Liskeard. Then get it down on paper. Using paints, crayons, fuzzy felt, photographs, mosaics, knitting, embroidery – or whatever suits you, make us a picture of what Christmas in the town looks like to you. No bigger than A3 size (that’s 297mm x 420mm) and using any material you like.
Attach a label to it with your name, email address and phone number and take it to the Tourist Information Centre in the Museum.
But be quick! You have from Monday 2 November to Monday 30 November to get your entry in. Then stand back for the big reveal!
We’ll be hiding 24 of the best entries in shop windows across the town centre throughout December, and revealing a different one every day. Starting on Tuesday 1 December, Liskeard Mayor Phil Seeva will unveil the first of our winning pictures.
Follow us on Facebook and listen to Liskeard FM every day for clues as to where you can find the new picture.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The challenge is open to everyone who lives, works or shops in Liskeard.
- We welcome joint entries from playgroups, clubs and communities.
- You can use any materials you like in your picture: it doesn’t have to be a painting.
- For the best effect, please use A3 size paper. If you want to go much bigger, please talk to us first to make sure we can find a window to display it in.
- You must include your contact details with the entry, and write in not more than 30 words what inspired your picture.
- Deliver your picture to the Tourist Information Office inside the Liskeard Museum any time between 2 and 23 November – please note the office is open 9.30am to 2pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am-12.30pm on Saturdays.