Oak Tree Surgery Walking for Health
November 19 @ 10:00 am
A walking group that meets in Oak Tree Surgery car park on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 10am. Using public footpaths, trails and tracks they will be exploring the countryside, enjoying the fresh air and the company of other walkers.
Dogs on leads are welcome. Be prepared for any weather and wear stout walking shoes. Most walks will be between 3 to 4 miles and will be 1 1/2 to 2 hours duration depending on the ability of the group. Walks may vary from those advertised due to adverse conditions.
For more information contact Paul on 01579 342775 or Jill on 01579 340349.
Oak Tree Surgery Walks List 2018
Welcome to another year of walks. There is a mixture of the old favourites and the new. We hope you will join us and enjoy our walks, those marked by an* denote routes that include a coffee house stop, otherwise bring your own if desired.
2nd January – Respryn Bridge, Bodmin Parkway, Lanhydrock*
16th January – Kerney Bridge, Golberdon
6th February – Gunnislake, Calstock then return by train*
20th February – Whitsand Bay, Trehill, Wiggle
6th March – Notter, North Darley and Henwood circular
20th March – Liskeard, Trewolland, Bodgara Mill
3rd April – Helman Tor and Nature Reserve
17th April – Rilla Mill, Starabridge
1st May – Lanhydrock Bluebell Walk*
15th May – Looe, Kilminorth, Watergate
5th June – Hawk’s Tor, Trewartha, King Arthur’s Bed
19th June – Mount Edgcumbe, Empacombe, Cremyll*
3rd July – Lewannick around the lanes
17th July – Minions, Tregarrick Tor
7th August – Polruan, Pencarrow Head
21st August – Treverbyn Bridge, Lower Trenant
4th September – Lostwithiel, Duchy Nurseries circular walk*
18th September – Liskeard, Treworgey
2nd October – Millendreath, Looe*
16th October – Antony, Jupiter Point
6th November – St Keyne, Causeland by train MEET AT THE STATION, TBA
20th November – Looe Town Walk*
4th December – Hessenford, Bake
18th December – Kit Hill followed by lunch together
Walkers please note: –
- Walks will take place on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Meet at Oak Tree Surgery unless notified otherwise. Arrive 10 mins before departure time, which is 10 am prompt.
- Please contact Paul on 01579 342765 or Jill on 01579 340349 if in doubt whether walk will take place.
- Walks or approx. 3 miles long and taken at ones own risk
- Wear appropriate footwear, clothing and bring water and walking poles if required.
- When walking on roads please walk in single file as directed by walk leader.
- If you need to stop for any reason inform the walk leader or back marker.
- Walks can be subject to change due to weather or route conditions.